CLASS ATTENDANCE AND ABSENCES
- Only enrolled students and/or their parents may attend the class sessions. Guests may be invited to class with advance notice and permission from the instructor.
- Required materials must be brought to each class session.
- Please remember that punctuality and consistent attendance promote musical advancement.
- Tuition paid reserves a space in a weekly class; there is no reduction in tuition for missed classes.
- Please call or email at least 24 hours in advance if a student will be absent. The instructor will call or write regarding assignments. With the instructor’s permission, a student may make up the missed class by attending another class section of the same level.
- Traditional Holidays do not count as an absence for either the student or instructor.
- Instructor absences/vacation are not considered an excused absence for the student.
- The instructor reserves the right to provide a suitable and qualified substitute.
- The instructor may schedule a convenient and timely makeup session.
Each course offered has a minimum class size requirement to run. If one of the class sections does not have enough students, arrangements will be made for the students to attend a different section or switch to private lessons.
PARENT & FAMILY INVOLVEMENT
Because these classes are running virtually, a certain level of parent involvement may be required based on student age and comfort using the technology. Parents are welcome to be present at classes, and families may enroll as a group upon request.
Four-week notice to the instructor is required for withdrawal of a program.
STUDENT PERFORMANCES AND SHARING OF WORK
Opportunities will be made in every class for students to share work and final projects with other students and classes. In-person performances and recitals will be considered at a later date.
STUDENT ONLINE ETIQUETTE
- Students should come to classes with the materials and in the setting that they need to learn. An environment with a degree of privacy and minimal disruption is expected. Attending classes on phones is discouraged.
- Students should come to classes at least 5 minutes early to mitigate any technology issues.
- Students and families are expected to attend virtual classes with the same expectations and level of respect as in-person classes.
Photos and videos may be used for MEC’s website, social media accounts, advertising, etc. Families can opt out with notification to MEC Office.
- MEC admits students of any religion, race, color, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students.
- MEC does not discriminate based on religion, race, color, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender in the administration of its educational policies or programs.
MEC reserves the right to change policies, tuition, and/or fees at any time.